Medical negligence, ill-treatment and injury caused by medical malpractices are unacceptable and only an experienced medical malpractice lawyer Houston can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Every year, tens of thousands of people in the United States are injured or killed as a result of medical malpractice. This is a serious problem that needs to be addressed, and it’s one that is especially prevalent in the city of Houston. In fact, a recent study showed that Houston has the third-highest rate of medical malpractice claims in the country.
There are many different reasons why this might be the case. Perhaps it’s because Houston is home to some of the nation’s busiest hospitals and medical centers. Or maybe it’s because there is a high level of poverty in the city, which can lead to residents not getting the quality care they deserve. Whatever the reason, it’s clear that something needs to be done to protect patients from being harmed by negligence or incompetence. There will be nothing better than an experienced and skilled Houston medical malpractice lawyer to help you with the negligence case!
What Is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice is defined as “any act or omission by a health care provider that deviates from accepted standards of medical practice.” In other words, it’s when a doctor or other medical professional fails to provide quality care and causes harm to a patient as a result.
There are many different types of medical malpractice, but some of the most common include:
Any one of these types of errors can have serious consequences for patients, including physical pain, emotional trauma, financial ruin, and even death. That’s why it’s so important for health care providers to always adhere to accepted standards of care and never cut corners when it comes to their patients’ well-being.
If you or someone you love has been harmed by medical malpractice, you need experienced malpractice lawyers Houston on your side who can help you get justice and compensation for your losses. The lawyers at Houston Car Crash have extensive experience handling these types of cases and will fight tirelessly on your behalf so that you can focus on what’s most important—recovering from your injuries and moving on with your life. Contact us today for a free consultation.
The Challenge of Medical Malpractice Claims
When you have been the victim of medical malpractice, you may be feeling a range of emotions including anger, frustration, and betrayal. You are not alone. Many people are affected by medical malpractice every year. In fact, medical malpractice is the third leading cause of death in the United States. If you or a loved one has been harmed due to the negligence of a medical professional, you may be considering filing a claim for compensation. However, before you do so, it is important to understand the challenges associated with medical malpractice claims.
1) Establishing negligence: In order to win a medical malpractice case, you will need to prove that the healthcare provider acted negligently. This means that they must have failed to provide care that met the accepted standard of care in the medical community and that this failure led to your injury or illness. Proving negligence can be difficult because it requires expert testimony. You will need to find a medical expert who is willing to review your case and testify that the healthcare provider breached the standard of care.
2) The statute of limitations: In most states, there is a statute of limitations for filing medical malpractice claims. This means that you have a limited amount of time after the incident to file a claim. If you try to file a claim after the statute of limitations has expired, your case will likely be dismissed.
3) High costs: Medical malpractice cases can be very expensive to litigate. You will need to pay for expert witnesses, deposition costs, and other litigation expenses. If your case goes to trial, you can expect even higher costs.
4) Emotional stress: Pursuing a medical malpractice claim can be emotionally draining. Relitigating what happened and revisiting the pain and suffering that you experienced can be difficult. You may also find yourself up against strong opposition from the healthcare provider and their insurance company.
5) Uncertain outcome: No one can predict the outcome of a trial with 100% accuracy. Even if you have strong evidence supporting your claim, there is always the possibility that the jury will rule in favor of the healthcare provider.
With an experienced medical malpractice attorney Houston by your side, you can navigate these challenges and give yourself the best chance at receiving the compensation you deserve.
New Medical Malpractice Rules in Texas 2022
Starting June 1, 2022, Texas Medical Board has revised a new law that will impact how medical malpractice lawsuits are handled. Under the new law, all the doctors, physicians and nurses are require to report for criminal convictions, out-of-state disciplinary actions, and medical malpractice claims within 30 days. Earlier the statute of limitations for Medical Malpractices was 2 years. In addition, the Medical board has also ordered to check & monitor the physicians’ National Practitioner Data Bank.
To know in depth, please connect with our best car wreck attorney Houston today!
Call Us Anytime – We are Best Medical Malpractice Attorney in Houston
If you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice, you need an experienced and aggressive attorney on your side. The Houston medical malpractice attorneys at our firm have years of experience handling medical malpractice cases, and we will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. We understand the stress and pain that you are going through, and we will do everything in our power to get you the justice you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation, and let us help you get the compensation you deserve.